Ditch the old fashion dinner rolls and replace them with these fluffy moist biscuits.
Break down butter into the flour to create small pebbles of butter balls. Mix in cheddar, jalapeño, and parsley. Add buttermilk and create a dough ball.
White Cheddar Jalapeno Biscuits
adopted from Food.com - Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
Written by: seaosningbottle
Cuisine: breakfast, brunch
Serving size: 10 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeno diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Crumble butter into flour mixture creating small people of butter in the flour.
- Add white cheddar cheese, jalapeno and parsley to flour and butter.
- Pour in buttermilk and combine to form a dough ball
- Flour a smooth surface and knead dough lightly and do not over knead
- Roll dough out to about ½ inch thick and cut with cookie cutter (If you do not have a rolling pin use your fingers to press out the dough)
- Knead remaining dough scraps together to form more biscuits but do not over do it.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter and serve!