Chorizo and Dates Stuffed Mushrooms
Written by: seasoningbottle
Serving size: 15
- 15- 20 Bella mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- 3 chorizo sausage links
- ½ cup dates pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 green onion stalk
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat cast iron skillet or heavy saute pan to medium high heat and coat with olive oil.
- Remove casing from chorizo and cook breaking the meat down into a crumble. Allow about 15 minutes to fully cook meat through.
- Add wine to pan. The color of the meat will turn a deep dark red.
- Once wine is completely absorbed add chopped dates stirring less are possible.
- In a large baking pan arrange mushrooms and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chorizo mixture into the cavity of the mushroom.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms for 10-12 minutes and until feta is slightly golden.
- Cut ends of scallion into skinny strips and place in iced water to get the scallions curls for garnish.